We will be re-structuring our team a little bit over the coming few weeks.
3 permanent heads will be moving on to another team and we will need to backfill these positions with contractors.
The main skill set will be SQL Server as they will be helping out with the SQL migration project plus maybe working on a cloud-based search solution.
Job spec below:
As a Developer / Senior Developer, you’ll be required to understand and interpret technical specifications, and turn them into working code, using a mix of technologies. Ideally, you’ll have solid experience in the full development life cycle, including requirements gathering, systems / business analysis and technical development.
About the Role
- Demonstrate analytical and programming skills across a range of platforms.
- Ability to interpret requirements into working code.
- Develop, test and implement code to the department and industry technical specifications and standards.
- Perform maintenance programming and correction of identified defects.
- Create, document and implement test plans.
- Produce timely documentation and ensure proposed solutions are fit for purpose.
- Work to plans / deadlines provided, escalating issues as appropriate.
- Provide ad-hoc analysis, reports and business support as required.
- Proactively improve existing skills, taking on new technical skills as appropriate, and continuously seek to expand business knowledge.
- Provide out of hours support on a rota basis.
- Ensure that IT and business users are aligned at all times on the project aims and deliverables.
- Ensure issues raised by business users are appropriately evaluated, prioritised and resourced.
- Ensure that communication to the business is professional, clear and appropriate.
- Build and maintain working relationships with key business users.
- Work closely with other systems teams to improve cross-team resolution of issues, where appropriate.
- SDLC - Software Development Lifecycle.
- A proven track record of feature level design, development and testing of architecturally robust and scalable technical solutions.
- Strong problem solving skills with the capability to analyse existing systems for enhancement whilst identifying risks and change impact.
- Microsoft SQL Server 2008+ T-SQL & Stored Procedures.
- Microsoft C# / .NET Framework
- Microsoft Team Foundation Server (TFS)
- XML / XMLT
- Visual Studio 2015/2017
- Windows/Web Applications
- SQL Migration experience
- Azure experience
- Previous Next experience