Uniting Ambition are working in partnership with a leading national retailer, with hundreds of stores throughout the UK. We are looking for an experienced Senior Buyer to join the high-performing, fast-paced team.
- Negotiate with suppliers to maximise margin
- Line manage a team of direct reports, Buyer and Planning Team
- Develop innovative products and packaging by working cross-functionally with Trading and NPD teams.
- Control of end to end supply chain activities on bulk and raw materials, meeting operational objectives.
- Ensure stock holding is within agreed limits and work to just-in-time principles
- Develop an extensive knowledge of the customer and supply base, understanding the most appropriate levers to use to maximise business performance.
- Build and maintain both external and internal relationships. Working cross-functionally with multi-discipline teams such as the Packaging Unit, QA, Regulatory Affairs, Commercial Team and Finance.
Experience within a FMCG/ retail environment is essential, as well as strong negotiating and influencing skills. The ideal candidate will be numerate, analytical and demonstrate commercial insight with excellent time management skills and the ability to work to tight deadlines. Candidates must be PC and systems literate, having ideally worked with AS400, Excel and SAP.
For more information please apply!