Functional Web tester
Exciting Opportunity with Leading Retailer – Voted best big business to work for numerous times!
Competitive Salary + Benefits
12 month fixed term contract
Here at Uniting Ambition we specialise in recruiting for the fastest growing businesses across the UK!We have an opportunity for a highly talented functional tester to join a leading brand at an exciting time as they embark on an impressive time of growth across their Digital & Ecommerce Teams. This is genuinely an excellent opportunity for someone who is career driven, ambitious and keen to be heavily involved in a business going from strength to strength.
Functional Tester Requirements (essential):
• Experience of testing software or database solutions or a real interest in start a career in software testing
• Able to work alone and with others• Attention to detail and excellent verbal and written skills
• Ability to work on several projects simultaneously and manage time effectively
• Motivated, positive, efficient and hard-working
Functional Tester Requirements (desirable):
• Demonstrable understanding of Agile methodologies
• Use of Agile acceptance test tools & creation of automated test suites and test beds
• Knowledge of Microsoft .NET/SQL languages
• Use of Microsoft TFS 2010 / 2012• Effective test design, test planning and scheduling
• A proven track record in creating good quality test documentation.
• Experience of usability testing
• API/web service testing experience
• Knowledge of web service APIs (XML/XSD/WSDL/SOAP)
• Knowledge of web site testing
Functional Tester Responsibilities:
• Support the test planning process with the creation of test plans, test cases, data and scripts
• Track and maintain bugs and aid development teams to ensure resolution
• Apply manual & automated testing techniques
• Contribute to the continuous improvement of testing methods and coverage
• Executing test cases and accurately reporting results and progress
• Reporting, assigning and tracking resolution of software issues
• Retesting defects and providing sign-off or recommending remedial action
• Assist fellow team members with automated testing techniques
• Actively supporting agile development methods and best practices
• Participate in retrospectives and sprint planning; contributing from a quality perspective
Want to know more? Click \’APPLY\’ now!