Java Developer x3 / Senior Java Developer x1
Role Type: Contract
Job Title: Java Developer x3 roles & Senior Java Developer x1 roles
Duration: 6 months
My Client urgently requires an experienced Java x 3 and x1 Senior Java Developer to join their London based team, to be involved in all aspects of the agile software process.
Specific responsibilities of the Java/ Senior Java Developer
Interprets business requirements (User Stories) and where appropriate technical specifications.
• Follows a Test Driven Development (TDD) approach to software development.
• Writes clean, tested, reusable code using best practice principles.
• Proactively Investigates, analyses and fixes reported defects.
• Works to continually improve the quality of the codebase (for the product).
• Suggests adoption of new technologies and constantly considers what advantages could be gained by using these.
• Supports tech teams and wider colleagues to execute system improvements within chosen field of expertise.
• Keeps up to date with industry standards and best practice in high performance, event-sourced applications or bespoke business systems.
• Ensures all activities operate within IT Security and compliance standards.
• Communicate with other departments (to educate support staff, manage releases and communicate changes).
• Identify inefficiencies and where necessary implement changes to improve the end-to-end development process.
• Liaise with project teams to manage work load and prioritize tickets.
• Forges strong relationships with wider tech teams, business colleagues and key stakeholders.
• Maintains a strong customer focus in everything you do.
• Provides support and guidance for all colleagues
• BSc degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
• Proven hands-on Software Development experience
• Proven working experience in Java development (min. 3 years)
• Hands on experience in designing and developing applications using Java 8 platforms
• Object Oriented analysis and design using common design patterns
• Profound insight of Java 8 and functional programming
• Excellent knowledge of Relational Databases and NoSQL
• Experience with test-driven development
Preferred Skills/Experience (Any of these is a plus):
• Experience in working with domain driven design and micro services architecture