Location – Home based
Salary – £45,000 – £55,000
Position: Azure Consultant
Reports to: Practice Lead
This role represents and exciting opportunity to join an already successful company, currently experiencing major growth.
If you would be interested in learning more about this opportunity, to take on challenging projects and provide high-level, strategic solutions to high-profile clients, both in and outside of the security space, please read on.
In addition, if you are interested in acquiring the latest cloud certifications, training will be provided for both Azure accreditations and Prince 2.
Any direct queries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Essential skills and experience required
- Excellent presentation and communication (verbal and written) skills
- Attention to detail
- University Degree Education (or equivalent)
- At least 6 months in a customer facing role, delivering and supporting technology solutions based on Microsoft technologies
- A broad experience of various Microsoft technologies, including: –
- Microsoft Windows Server (minimum version 2008R2)
- Microsoft Windows (minimum version 7)
- Microsoft Azure (IaaS) Storage, Compute, Network
- Azure AD, Azure AD Connect
- Azure Backup, Azure Site Recovery
- Operations Manager Suite
As a Technical Consultant the position provides a focal point in delivering enterprise scale infrastructure services to customers. The objective of the Azure Consultant is to support the relevant Technical lead to create a technology solution that will deliver against the customer\’s objectives and meet the company\’s requirements for increasing business through profitable and structured engagements in the required technology domains.
Typically involved in the post-sales stage of a customer engagement the Technical Consultant will be responsible for supporting and contributing to the conceptualising and designing (to a detailed level) the overall solution, and (where necessary) delivering and supporting major elements of the overall solution on customer site.
Main Duties of the Job
- Supporting the relevant Technical Lead conceptualising and designing complex solutions, covering multiple sites, and including hosted Data Centre infrastructures.
- Technical assistance (and occasional ownership) of project delivery and engaging closely with Project Managers to ensure projects are delivered on time and on budget.
- Assisting in the running of (and occasionally running) technical workshops covering multiple technologies.
- Perform presales activity in support of the Business Development, Solution Architecture and Sales teams.
- The role requires development of detailed design skills specific to the individual’s technology specialisation, complemented by an architecture-level appreciation of all relevant complementary technologies.
- Demonstrating an ongoing, proactive approach, working alongside colleagues in developing and delivering service offerings based on industry best practice and new-to-market technologies.
- Development and delivery of technology specific presentations to both large audience seminars and project workshop environments.
- Work in conjunction with the appropriate colleagues to understand the opportunities for development within their customer accounts.
- Maintain a broad understanding and be willing to complete training (including the passing of relevant exams and accreditations) in Microsoft technologies that are identified as pertinent to your role as Technical Consultant
- Provide support to Managed Services and provide Out of Hours support to Managed Services customers on a rota based schedule (all Out of Hours support is paid or taken as TOIL) further details can be found in Terms of Reference for Managed Services (CAMS) for On-Call and Overtime
If this opportunity could be of interest, please apply today to be swiftly considered and contacted.