Job Title: Cloud Engineer
Contract Duration: 3-6 months (likely to extend multiple times)
Daily Rate: £500 per day (negotiable depending on experience)
We are seeking an individual to join our Cloud Engineering team. If you are passionate about working with cutting edge technology and being at the forefront of driving and delivering projects and programmes through IT strategic change, read on!
Working in a DevOps focused team the role of the Cloud Engineer focuses on the successful and efficient delivery of Infrastructure and applications, ensuring they adhere to best practices and standards.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Packaging and deployment of applications e.g Java, PHP using Version control systems (GIT) and Continuous Integration tools such as Jenkins
- Administration of web servers (Apache, Nginx, HAProxy).
- Continuous Performance Management. Measuring performance and working with developers to improve.
- Network and Linux virtual machines administration.
- Collaboration with monitoring and development teams to ensure delivery of high quality monitoring and logging for production services
- Management and configuration of Load balancers and Virtual Traffic Managers
- Contributing to the design of new services to adhere to operational best practices.
- Working with container based services and orchestration tools such as Marathon/Mesos
What we’d like to see from you:
- An excellent working knowledge of configuration management, provisioning and Orchestration tools such as Puppet, CFengine, Chef, Ansible, Salt. Working knowledge and understanding of Puppet is highly desirable
- Hands on experience of Docker containers and orchestration tools such as Marathon/mesos.
- Experience with Kubernetes.
- An excellent working knowledge of load balancing, high availability/clustering technologies
- Good understanding of cloud computing paradigm. Experience with real-life deployments to any of the major cloud providers ideal (e.g. AWS, Azure, Openstack),
- Experience in managing and maintaining application delivery platforms such as F5, Stingray/Steel app.
- An excellent general working knowledge of IT systems environments i.e. operating systems, networking, applications, platforms and databases.
- An understanding of project & service delivery processes, development & testing methodologies and working to Change and Release managements practices. Experience with developing in-house IaaS/PaaS solution is a plus.
If you have the relevant experience above please apply with a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org