At Uniting Ambition we take all necessary steps to respect your privacy and to ensure that the personal data we hold is processed fairly and lawfully. We’re committed to respecting your privacy and complying with our obligations under the 1998 Data Protection Act.
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed. Please take the time to read this carefully.
We collect information on you:
- When you register either by submitting a form, completing a job application or uploading a CV
- If you choose to comment or interact with our articles
- If you enter a promotion on our site or social networks
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence
When applying for a job we will often require personal information about you (including your name, e-mail address, postal address and telephone number), along with details of your current and previous employment history, education and training.
Non-personally Identifiable Information
We may also collect non-personally identifiable information about your visit to our website based on your browsing activities. This information may include the pages you visit and jobs viewed or applied for. This information helps us to manage and develop our site to ensure we’re able to deliver the best possible online service that’s tailored to your individual interests and needs.
How we use your information
We use the information collected about you in the following ways:
- To provide a personalised service unique to individual users
- To help us monitor and improve the services we offer
- To process applications
- If we have permission to do so, market our services
- To provide you with information about future job vacancies
- To carry out market research and marketing analysis
- To verify identity when required
- To notify you of changes to our service
We do our very best to protect your privacy and ensure we use your data sensitively. We respect your privacy, therefore you should only receive marketing emails from us as determined by you. We will make sure it is clear when you can make these choices, for example we have boxes to confirm whether you want to receive marketing communications from us. That said, we may need to email you occasionally with information or questions about your registration or your application.
Disclosure of your information
We may transfer, sell or assign any of the information described in the policy to third parties that could be as a result of a sale, merger, consolidation, change of control, transfer of assets or reorganisation of our business. We may disclose your personal information to a member of our group. We will disclose information to a third party:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets
- If Uniting Ambition or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets or
Access to information
You have the right to access information held about you at any time. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
Terms and Conditions – A Merry Recruitmess
A Merry Recruitmess is a game developed by Uniting Ambition Ltd who own the intellectual property rights.
Draw / Claiming Rules:
- Competition will end on December 24th 2016. Prizes must be claimed by 4th January 2017
- All prizes will be sent by post by 10th January 2017
- Competitors must be aged 18 or over on the day they claim their prize in order to qualify
- Competitors must be located in the United Kingdom in order to qualify
- Competitors must provide a valid email address when submitting their score to the leaderboard. This is the email address which we will contact you on concerning your winnings
One daily winner will be chosen at random to win a £10 love to shop voucher (Subject to a maximum of 2 prizes per person)
The player with the highest score / is top of the leaderboard at 00:00 24th December 2016 will win the grand prize of £250 love to shop voucher. We reserve the right to refuse entries and eligibility to the grand prize if we are suspicious of any cheating.
Limitations of liability:
Uniting Ambition will not be liable to you (whether under the law of contact, the law of torts or otherwise) in relation to the contents of, or use of, or otherwise in connection with the use/playing of A Merry Recruitmess (“The Game”):
- To the extent that the game is provided free of charge, for any direct loss;
- For any indirect, special or consequential loss; or
- For any business losses, loss of revenue, income, profits or anticipated savings, loss of contracts or business relationships, loss of reputation or goodwill, or loss or corruption of information or data.